Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween!

On Friday, Reid and Georgia had their Halloween parties at school. Reid wanted to be a cowboy, and Georgia has a turtle costume (that Reid would not wear last year). Well, them being at school all day, I decided Sissy could be a cowgirl to match Reid...that way she could wear "real clothes" and not be in a stuffy costume. Reid, who cried hysterically last year when we tried to dress him up, wanted to be a cowboy, and I immediately agreed, because we could use clothes he has in his closet, and he wouldn't really be "dressing up." I guess the thought of dressing up terrified him. He kept saying, "Me be a cowboy at Mommy home!" He didn't want to wear it to school. He cried the entire way there, cried when we went in his room, cried when he sat down at his chair (even after he saw that everyone else was dressed up!) I finally calmed him down enough by taking off his vest and hat...then he was just wearing a button up shirt and jeans! He even cried when I left!!! In his defense, I never liked dressing up when I was little...and he was having an asthma flare-up. He ended up getting a steroid shot later that day.

ANYWAY...here are the pictures I was able to take before we left. Yes...Reid is crying in them...





We have our Fall Festival (Trunk-or-Treat) Sunday at church...I guess we'll try this all again. I'll post pictures later!

No comments: