Monday, March 16, 2009

Where has time gone?

My sweet baby boy turned 16 months old last week. It is so hard to believe. I find myself just sitting and watching him sometimes, because it is so hard to believe the little 7 pound baby I held is now walking, talking (his own language), and obviously very opinionated. As a mother, I find myself being amazed by the tiniest things he is learning. He is a very good helper...sometimes too good. When I am in the bathroom getting dressed, he feels the need to bring me every roll of toilet paper we have, and neatly stack them next to my feet. He also tries to open the refrigerator so he can fill his own sippy cup, and he thinks he can fold the laundry better than Mommy.

As much as I wish I could stop time, I have to admit that I love watching him grow up. He's such a precious soul, and he'll never know how much I love him.




We're still preparing for little Miss Georgia Catherine's arrival. She is definitely movin' and shakin' these days. Her presence is very well known. Cory set my embroidery machine up again this past weekend, and I have already gotten started making burp cloths. I can finally use pink...and not have to give it away! I never thought I would be so excited about a little girl. I'm smiling just typing this. = )


2 comments:

The Macks said...

Those burp clothes are so dang cute! I love the pink one. I wish I could sew!

The Presleys said...

Love the burp clothes!! When do you find time to sew? I wish I had the time. Maybe as Gehrig gets older I can find the time. I sure would like to make Ella a few dresses and burp clothes!