Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Never buy a little boy a toy...

...because the TupperWare cabinet works just fine. Ever since my son was small, we have noticed that the more lights, colors and noises a toy makes, the less he wants it. From 3 months of age, his FAVORITE toy has been his wooden spoon. No, I'm not kidding. In fact, when he was in the hospital this past Fall...his wooden spoon made the trip too. The nurse was asking me about his routine at home...what time does he nap?...does he sleep in his own bed?...what are his favorite foods?...etc., and then she asked, what is his favorite toy--..when I answered--a wooden spoon--she gave me a very strange look. I quickly responded, if you think I'm kidding, go look what he's sleeping with! This was his latest rendezvous with ALL the plastic containers in his grandparents' home...




No comments: